Mail Boxes Etc
Bocas Del Toro
Getting your things to the Island on Time!
October 15, 2017 - PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR SERVICE TO
SHIP ITEMS FOR HUMAN OR ANIMAL CONSUMPTION !!!
This includes any foods, supplements, vitamins, medicines, as well as any
cosmetics, lotions, cremes, makeup, soaps, shampoos, body powders, deoderants,
August 3, 2017 - BAN on shipping COSMETICS !!
As of Today, August 3, 2017, I have been notified by Mail Boxes Etc,
Central America, that MINSA (the Department of Drugs and Pharmacies)
August 2, 2017 - Items for HUMAN OR ANIMAL CONSUMPTION may be
held or confiscated in Panama Customs!
WE NO LONGER RECOMMEND UTILIZING OUR SERVICE FOR THE SHIPMENT OF
ITEMS FOR HUMAN OR ANIMAL CONSUMPTION.
More news ...
This page shows a list of the items that cannot be shipped
to MBE Bocas Del Toro via the EBox Logistics system,
and/or that we know are not allowed by Panama Customs (Aduana).
Note that this list is very similar to the TSA list for things that you can
carry on a plane, but also contains items that are specifically
prohibited by Aduana.
Please note that anything for HUMAN or ANIMAL consumption
are subject to AUPSA and/or MINSA
restrictions, and that we no longer recommend using our service
for the shipment of these items.
- COSMETICS banned on August 1, 2017!!
- Tobacco of any kind
- E-Cigarettes and/or related products
- Firearm parts like scopes, cartridges, ammunition, an so on
- Knives except for ordinary kitchen knives
- Swords regardless if they are for collection, toys or decoration.
- Bows and arrows regardless if they are for sport, collection or decoration.
- Corrosive, inflamable, or toxic liquids or chemicals, or items that contain them.
- Gas lighters
- Alcoholic beverages
- Oil based paints. Water based paints may be
shipped, but must be securely packaged for shipment.
- Car or motorcycle batteries cannot be shipped,
unless they are in special packaging intended
for shipping, from the original vendor.
- Batteries - there is a restriction on the number and weight
of batteries that may shipped in a single package. The rules are
complicated, and depend on whether the batteries are shipped
inside another item, or shipped by themselves, but basically,
a single package may not include more than 8 (eight) AA (double A) batteries
or an equivilant amount in weight ... which is roughly 4 four "C" cells
or 2 "D" cells.
- Lithium Metal Batteries - are preferentially shipped if
they are in original manufacturer packaging along
with the item that that uses them. There may be additional
charges and delays for any other shipments containing Lithium
Metal Batteries. Please see our
on these items.
- 3 or more bottles of Perfume in a single package.
Up to two (2) bottles may be shipped in a single package,
so larger quantities can be split up between multiple
packages as needed.
- Compressed Air. Items that contain compressed air
or other gasses, including spray cans, oxygen tanks,
and so on, are prohibited from shipment.
- Dampers (shock absorbers or struts that use compressed
air) can only be sent with special permission
from EBox Logistics. Please contact us for more information.
- Living Things, including animals, insects, micro-organisms,
living tissue samples, or any other living thing
is prohibited, generally, from international shipment.
- Live plants, seeds, or flowers without a plant
certificate cannot be shipped. Please contact your vendor
or the the United States Customs Service for information on how to obtain a
valid USA exportation certificate for live plants.
- Perishable items - including any fresh fruits, vegetables, or meat,
that might spoil during shipment
- Items of gold or containing precious stones
- Cash or anonymously negotiable financial instruments like
bearers bonds or cashiers checks that are not made
out to a particular person or company. Cash or equivilants are
subject to seizure, and we accept no responsibility for them
should you choose to ship them!
MBE BOCAS DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PACKAGES
CONFISCATED BY PANAMA CUSTOMS OR DEEMED TO BE UNSHIPPABLE
BY EBOX LOGISTICS IN MIAMI.
Please note that although we (MBE Bocas) do our best to inform you about
what is prohibited or not, we are not responsible for, and cannot change,
this list of prohibited items. And please note, it is subject to change, at any time,
by EBox Logistics in Miami, and/or Panama customs officials, at their discretion.
Attempts to ship items on this list will likely result in additional
fees, in order to have the item re-shipped from Miami to another location in
the USA, and/or the items being confiscated by Panama Customs.